From: Toby Sheets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> to running this OS rather than a Windows 98 system? Believe me I hate
> Bill Gates and will be happy when he folds - that is why I am
switching
> to Linux - but is there really an advantage at this point in the game
or

    IMNSHO, that is exactly the wrong reason to switch to Linux (or Be,
or FreeBSD, or any other OS).  If you want a desktop OS that works like
Win98 but is non-Microsoft, maybe MacOS or BeOS would be better for you.
If you want to work (or play) with a powerful, flexible, open system,
where you can, with enough study, find out exactly what makes it tick,
Linux is great--but it isn't Windows, and it never will be.