> It seems the Linux OS is very complex so far.

And what are you basing this on?

> What is the true advantage
> to running this OS rather than a Windows 98 system?

Linux is far more stable, and you have the source code.  It appears to
be better supported, too.  Does Microsoft have mailing lists that give
out competent answers to Windows newbies?  I've never heard of one.

> Believe me I hate
> Bill Gates and will be happy when he folds - that is why I am switching
> to Linux - but is there really an advantage at this point in the game or
> should people wait another few years until the hard parts have been made
> easy for the common man with GUI's and such?

There already are GUIs and such.  KDE is good, and Gnome looks nice.