go to lib | modules | <kernel> | scsi
There you should see aha152x.o This is the module you need to insert.
----- Original Message -----
From: Toby Sheets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 1999 11:08 PM
Subject: [newbie] 4 persistent problems

> Ok, in the last 2 days I've reinstalled about 4 times to try and sort
> out various bugs. Please be patient with me (this *is* a newbie group
> after all). Here are my problems:
>
> 1) SCSI.
> My system is using Adaptec 152x SCSI Host Adapter. When I do the
> install and try to have Linux probe the card it says it can't find one
> on my system. If I try to do the install manually it asks me for a
> module. What goes here so that I can try a manual install?
>
> 2) Sound.
> Install never asks about sound cards and so far I have no audio.
> Where/how do I configure audio??

run sndconfig as "root" from the prompt.

> 3) Hard Drive.
> I just installed a brand new 17.6 Gig hard drive to run Linux on. It is
> setup as my primary slave. When I partitioned it with Disk Druid I set
> up 1.5 Gig for my "/" partition, 128 MB for my swap, and 400MB for
> "/home". Now the rest of that drive should, in theory (I think) show up
> as another drive in Windows. However, in Windows there is no sign of the
> remaining 14+ GB of hard drive space. Where did it go? Will I be able to
> save files on it and if so what format?

You need to create a dos partition there. Probably a dos extended partition.
Just because you didn't give it to Linux doesn't mean you've given it to
Windows. You have to partition and format it before you can use it.

> 4) CD-Rom.
> It must have found it during the install because it had no problems
> CD's via Linux there are no drives mounted. How do I mount them?

Assuming your CDRom is an IDE mounted as master on the secondary controller,
it's probably mapped in as /dev/cdrom already. However, on the off chance
tat it's not, you can manually mount it as follows:
mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom and it should then be accessible on
/mnt/cdrom.