On 13-Aug-99 Toby Sheets wrote:
> 2) Sound.
>       Install never asks about sound cards and so far I have no audio.
> Where/how do I configure audio??

Run sndconfig after you install.

> 3) Hard Drive.
>       I just installed a brand new 17.6 Gig hard drive to run Linux on. It is
> setup as my primary slave. When I partitioned it with Disk Druid I set
> up 1.5 Gig for my "/" partition, 128 MB for my swap, and 400MB for
> "/home". Now the rest of that drive should, in theory (I think) show up
> as another drive in Windows. However, in Windows there is no sign of the
> remaining 14+ GB of hard drive space. Where did it go? Will I be able to
> save files on it and if so what format?

You have to give it a DOS/Windows partition:  Create the partition with Windows'
fdisk, and then format it.

> 4) CD-Rom.
>       It must have found it during the install because it had no problems
> CD's via Linux there are no drives mounted. How do I mount them?

mount -t auto /dev/hdX /mnt/cdrom

Change the X to the correct letter for your CD-ROM drive.  (hdb is it's slave
on primary IDE port, hdc if master on secondary port, hdd if slave on
secondary).  Type 'man mount' for more info on the mount command.

-Tom