> Miles Fawcett wrote:
>
> I have just installed Mandrake 6.0 on an Intel machine with a Number
> Nine Imagine 128 (Series 2) graphics card and an Apple 17" multisync
> monitor (Sony CPD-1730).
>
> The X Server install did not complete because I could not find a match
> for the monitor. Not only does the X Server not work but the text on
> the console display is whacked.
>
> Only the top half of each line of text is visible. Basically, the
> whole monitor is compressed into top half the screen.
>
> Any suggestions for:
>   1. correcting the console display, and

im not quite sure what you mean by only seeing half a line of text.  can
you be more descriptive?

>   2. getting X Server configured?

try running xf86config.  it works better than XConfigurator because you
can put in your own monitor settings.  just read everything very
carefully.  you will need to know some stuff about your hardware before
you use it, such as: video chipset, monitor H and V sync, etc.  barring
any major problems,this should get it going for you.

:P