Having just installed Mandrake 6.0 (including KDE) on my system I found
that I had a lot of trouble with font sizes.

Everything seemed to be geared towards an assumed display resolution of
around 75dpi. This seems pretty old-fashioned, given that most monitors and
video cards can support better resolutions. Even with a 2MB video card and
a 15-inch monitor you can get 1024x768 at 16 bpp, so a lot of people must be
wanting to work at around 100 dpi these days.

I have written a brief explanation of how to configure Mandrake for 100 dpi
resolution at:

    http://www.stonix.demon.co.uk/linux/100dpi.html

--

Richard Lamont