I found the reason for not being able to mount FAT drives, and that is because
I was apparently using an older version of the kernel. I found loadlin.exe,
which I was going to use to boot regularly, in the Lnx4win directory with
vmlinuz (the kernel) and initsomething.gz. well that vmlinuz in Lnx4win
directory is old, and if I boot using it I get incorrect kernel vers errors
and can't mount vfat and msdos partitions. I figured out that I can boot with
the bootdisk I made during installation and not get those errors, but now I
just gotta figure out how to get the correct vmlinuz like the one on the
bootdisk into my c:\linux directory.