Open up a text editor of your choosing and open the file /etc/lilo.conf.
Where the version number of the kernel is listed, change the digits that are
different ( ie.  2.2.9.19-mdk to 2.2.9.27-mdk)
Save the file and exit
Run lilo from a terminal
Reboot the machine using shutdown -r now

That should solve your problem