Thanks a bundle!!  The argument 'novj' seems to have worked, at least under
KDE.  Unfortunately, same problem is still happening under my shell, but at
least I can connect up using KDE now!

I would be interested in learning the meaning of 'novj', or where that even
came from?  There is absolutely nothing in any of the manuals I received
which mention this argument.

Thanks Again

Kurt

At 11:14 PM 8/16/99 -0400, you wrote:
>On 17-Aug-99 Kurt wrote:
>> Hoorah!  I got Mandrake installed successfully, and everything seems to
>> work except for one BIG problem.  For some reason, my Netscape, FTP and IRC
>> connections all come up and tell me that connections to the servers have
>> been established.  However, it then just sits there and seems like nothing
>> is getting into my machine!

<BIG SNIP>
>Geez, looks like this problem is getting common.  Okay, my gf had the same
>exact problem and this is what fixed it for her:
>
>Go into kppp's settings, and in the screen where you put the phone number for
>your ISP in, there is a button labeled 'Arguments' for passing arguments to
>pppd.  Click on that, then put in 'novj' as a pppd argument.
>
>I hope that works for you.
>

>-Tom

*** The RULES have CHANGED! You can now get PAID to surf the Web!  FREE ***
*** signup, get paid fifty cents per hour, up to forty hours a month!!  ***
*** Nothing to lose - Signup today!                                     ***
***             http://alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=DDV630             ***