From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> and I want to install Mandrake on the other machine. The obvious
choice is
> an NFS install, so I boot up the machine I want Linux on with
bootnet.img,

    The problem with an NFS install is that the machine with the files
must be configured as an NFS server.  This is possible with 95/98, but
it requires extra software (like Omni NFS Enterprise, available from
tucows).  Same problem for an FTP install.  You can download free FTP
server software for 95/98, and install it.  Once it's installed, make
the directory with Mandrake accessible, and use that as the directory
for the installation.

    Of course, you could do an FTP install from one of the ftp sites,
but you'd need its IP address first.