"Wayne Boaz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Try using XF86Setup.  Color depth can be modified quite easily there.

That trashes my mouse every time or makes it so X won't even start. I select
the Intellipoint mouse and /dev/mouse but when it starts the mouse doesn't
work. Xconfigurator is the only program that I have had success with.

Wayne
When you first go itno XF86Setup, you are given an otion to keep your
settings.  All other settings shouold remain except those that you manually
change (the color depth).  At least i hope it will work that way for you.
Give it a try.
Mike

http://webmail.netscape.com.