Well I think I am going to give up on my install of Mandrake.

I cannot get it to recognize my modem or sound card.

I have found out the my modem is on Com3 IRQ11   but have found no way..
even with everyones help of finding it or configuring it.

As for my sound card it is found by linux when it boots.. but it aborts
putting it in memory because it is sharing an IRQ with another item on the
PCI bus.. which is fine in windows but not in linux I guess..

So thanks all for your help.. but this is just not hardware friendly enough
for my current system.

I guess if I want to run Linux I am going to have to build a specific box
with all the specific hardware able to be detected and run.

James