Two days ago, I downloaded the mandrake60-2 iso image, figuring that
it'd be interesting to play with it.  Since I don't want to do anything
to my existing 5.3 installation, though (and also since I'm actually
installing it on a work computer), I tried installing it using lnx4win.

    The installation itself went normally, if a bit slowly, with no
errors reported.  However, when I tried starting the system, I got lots
of errors of the form, "kernel-module version mismatch.  ..was compiled
for kernel version 2.2.9-19mdk while this kernel is version
2.2.9-27mdk."  The affected modules seem to be loop.o, fat.o, and vfat.o
(though each is listed twice, once in /boot and once in /boot and
/boot/modules).  The modules in /boot are compiled for 2.2.5-14BOOT; the
others are compiled for 2.2.9-19mdk.

    It would seem to me that modules from one 2.2.9 build should work as
well as modules for another, but this apparently is not the case.

    I don't have any other Linux installation on this computer.  What
can I do to get this one to boot with lnx4win?