Well, no one has hired me to write a manual yet<g>

MacMillan is a Mandrake release...  Mandrake Power Pack, which is what I
have, contains 5 CDs and two manuals, one brochure sized and one softback.
StarOffice Personal version 5.1 is included, also without manual.

Many manuals are on the CDs.  For example, Linux Network Administration is
there in electronic form.  None of the manuals I have read are really
satisfactory to take a beginner and educate him or her to competence in
Linux.  For one thing, there are too many specialties and too much
background to know which would be way beyond the scope of the manuals,
because this is no small op system...  There are usually 7-10 ways to do
"things" to "stuff" for any given situation, all valid and a matter of
style.

In reality, the documentation is there to educate oneself.  I think I have
learned more about computers, compilers, op systems, socket programming,
and such by working with linux than ever I did as a mathematics major and
grad student.

So, keep the linux you have or get the Mandrake Power Pack.  Their support
has recently been enhanced in North America, and who knows when the next
release will be out?  That one is likely to be a real killer system because
they have set up "Cooker" as you will find on their web page at
www.linux-mandrake.com

Civileme

--
Civileme Say:
"Would you buy a car that stalled out every time you did a 37 degree left turn on a

"