Randolph Way wrote:

> Hi Joseph. I feel I'm in the same boat as you in regards to downloading and
> installing hardware drivers for Linux, and I gotta tell ya I'm feeling a
> little pissed off right now! I had a AWE 64 Value card that worked under
> Mandrake 6.0, but wanted to upgrade. I checked the supported hardware list
> and decided to get the SBPCI 128 since it looked to be ok. Well, the Ensoniq
> Audio PCI 1370 driver that was supposed to work with it doesn't! I found a
> Linux support page at Creative for this card that referred to a commercial
> site for a driver (www.4front-tech.com) . Fat lotta good that does me though
> as I don't have a clue what to do with it! Can anyone refer me to a soucre
> of DETAILED information on how to install a driver? And where I might find a
> free one? In conclusion Joseph, this has taught me that whatever hardware
> you decide upon, make doubley certain it's supported!

If you download the demo from the 4Front site, and unpack it (tar zxvf
<filename>), there is a file that contains installation instructions.
The 4Front sound driver installation is about the easiest I've ever seen
under Linux.

And are you sure that PCI128 isn't a 1371 chipset??

--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator