Hi! I am attempting to use the upgrade icon to bring my Mandrake 6.0
Powertools CD distribution up to speed in security and other areas.
Everything seemed to be working the first time I tried but there was
a problem downloading the first RPM. I attempted to abort and try
again but every since that attempt I have a problem.

My error message tells me that it can't set the share lock on the RPM
database and it core dumps on me immediately after establishing
contact with the mirror and attempting to download the update list.
Obviously my first attempt left a lock in the wrong state or
something similar. Does anyone know how to clear whatever this error
is and restore my state to what it was before my first update attempt
so that I can run the update routine again? Thanks.

--
Traci Collins, MA
Professor of Computer Education