Hoyt wrote:

> [...]

   Hoyt,

I found the following at LDP and did what was suggested...no changes were seen and
when I ran /sbin/lilo  r'cd the messag "Syntax error on line # X." Is there a certain
line # this should be positioned?
I did it with/without quotes. Am I doing something wrong? TIA!

John Connell

"All memory like DRAM, EDO and SDRAM can be used with Linux. There is one thing you
have to look at:  normally the
kernel is not supporting more than 64 Mb of memory. When you add more than 64 Mb of
memory you have to add the
following line to your LILO configuration file.

   append="mem=<number of Mb>M"

So, when you have 96 Mb of memory this should become

   append="mem=96M"

Don't type a number higher than the number Mb you really have. This can present
unpredictable crashes."