Martin White wrote:
<major snip>
> The URL to the linux drivers homepage is:
> http://developer.soundblaster.com/linux/
>
> IF the card is deemed to be an SBLive or SBLive Value, then i can help out,
> and will send further details on request. If it is under the category 'Sound
> Blaster PCI' then it would be unfair for me to attempt to help - i have
> absolutely no experience of these cards whatsoever. I did a little hunting
> around, but the only PCI card Creative specifically mention in the products
> section of their website would appear to be the SB PCI 16, which certainly
> doesn't sound like the SBLive.
>
> Let me know.....
> Martin.

The PCI16 is a rebadged Ensonique (from what I saw when we were selling
them). To me it seems as though Creative bought Ensonique as they were
falling behind in the PCI sound card race, & needed to get one released.

I have the SB Live! (full, not value). The only small problem I have is
that the Creative modules only support 2.2.5 & 2.2.10 AFAIR. I have
checked the Linux-Mandrake site, but they do not have 2.2.10 listed as
an upgrade kernel version. I have copy of the full 2.2.10 kernel source
curtsey of PC Plus. Can I use this to upgrade/replace the version
supplied with Linux-Mandrake PowerPack? I used to run RH6 (for two
weeks) & had my SB Live! running under that, so I know it works. Any
guidance on upgrading to kernel version 2.2.10? I know that there is a
2.2.11 version now available, but I need 2.2.10