I have Mandrake-Linux 6.0 installed and have downloaded all the updates
and have been able to format a floppy give it a file system transfer
some files between Windows and Linux. I reconfigured my kernel to the
AMD K6 processor. I have played around with the thing but I can't seem
to mount my HP-8100 CDR-RW.
The secondary master is a LG 32x CDROM and the secondary slave is the
HP-8100. I can mount the master via the icon on the KDE desktop.
The more I read the more confused I get. If anyone can help it would be
appreciated.

FIC VA503+ motherboard
AMD K6-2/400mhz
RIVIA TNT 16mb (PCI)
Soundblaster AWE 64
WD 6.4gig HD
LG 32x CDROM
HP-8100 CDR-RW
Windows 98SE & Linux 2.2.9-27

When the Linux is starting up it lists the HP-8100 as hdd

Complete newbie,
Ed