-----Original Message-----
From: Manny Styles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I also manually set all the I/Os and IRQs, but to no avail.   It seemed
like I had the right settings several times but I never did hear Linus
talking.    I also tried the trick of bumping the mixer volume up with
"aumix" command from the command line.  Didn't have any effect.   I
replaced the CD w/ an Atapi compliant one and had no problem there either.
Brian