I configured the samba.conf files. The problem seems to lie with the fact
that NMB fails at boot.  This is an integral part of samba so that I can see
my computer through "Network Neighborhood", or at least I'm told.  I don't
know why NMB fails at boot.  I installed the SAMBA package when I installed
Mandrake 6.0.  There is another linux box on our network that can be seen
and it was installed with Redhat 6.0. But I don't believe this is the
problem because my linux box couldn't be seen when I had redhat 6.0
installed.  Maybe there is something I didn't compile in the Kernel?
SA