        <snip>
> Jeanette....not long ago a contributer to one of these mdk support lists
> wrote that the KPPP supplied with 6.0 initializes the config file with a
> null for speed (even though the window in the GUI setup says 57600) and
> that this causes the connection to time out without anything happening.
> He said that to fix this just change the speed setting, save it, then if
> 57600 was what you wanted, go back and change it back to 57600.  This
> made sense to me because I experienced the same symptoms and changed my
> setting to 115200 and that fixed my PPP connect problem (I've never
> changed mine back).  I'll bet that it will fix yours too.
>
> Alan

        I have had a similar problem with Kppp timing out on me.  Could you
tell me which config file we are dealing with here?  Is this config file for
all dial-up connections, or is there a separate config file for each dialup
account you create in Kppp?  Also would 57600 be a sutiable speed for a
28.8k modem, or can I go faster?  I think I used to use this speed under
RH5.2 with Ezppp.

        Thanking you in advance

        Aaron