On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Simon Norris wrote:

> To Joe, sounds like a perfect client server situation to me. Powerful server
> (BIG Linux box), bog standard local PC.
>
> To Axalon, sorry I don't know, we use an X client on our local small
> machines, rather than X server. In case you're wondering, it's Exceed from
> Hummingbird.

It's still X, I think we have communication problems here..

The server needs to run someform of display manager, xdm, kdm, r gdm are
all provided.

The client needs to query the server, this is done via -query hostname/ip
With XFree86. You'll have to check your manuals for other software cause i
only use Xfree86.

Are clearer now?