"Bluebottle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>       MIME Type: multipart/alternative
Have noticed this on the web and it claims to run under Linux. Can't get CD in
England at present.<br><br>Does anyone know of Star Office and does it
Yes there is a linux version of StarOffice.  Like most software it has its
supporters and detractors.  I use it (in both windows and linux) and it works
great for me.  I handles M$ Office files quite well.  It is very large
(detractors would say "bloatware") and takes a while to launch, but it suits
my needs just fine.  For a free Office Suite, I think it's very well done.
        Applixware (costs$$$) is another suite that I've seen suggested on these
boards, but I've never used it.  I think KOffice might be released in a few
months with KDE 2.0  It has gotten a bit of good prerelease press.
HTH,
Mike

Michael Scottaline
COL 2.2   Linux 2.2.5
It's a fresh wind that Blows Against the Empire

http://webmail.netscape.com.