Paul Hendrick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri, 03 Sep 1999, you wrote:<br>> I recently had a melt down. I messed
around with the monitor settings. When I<br>> rebooted everything was messed
up. So I re-installed. Now I can only connect<br>> to the web as root. When I
am a normal user I get an error message when I<br>> start kppp. It says
/etc/resolv.conf is missing and to create a non-empty file<br>> with
appropriate read and write permissions. So if there is anyone out there<br>>
that could lend me a hand I would certainly appreciate it.Don<br><br>Log in as
root, the go to the /etc dir on your system.  Right click the<br>resolve.conf
file, and go to properties.  Then go to the permissions tab and<br>click the
groups and others buttons.  This will make the file available to<br>other
Hendrick<br>http://www.btinternet.com/~engprin1/linux.htm<br>

Paul disregard my first response I figured it out. Had to use kfm then right
click. It worked so thanks alot. Don

http://webmail.netscape.com.