> > > I suppose the proper place would be /usr/src, but I've usually just left
> > > the source directories in /root (or, sometimes, in /home/danb/src).
> > > If you're in /root, and you unpack the tarball, you'll probably
> > > place all of its contents in /root/tinyfugue-1.2.3.  The make
> > > install script will place the binaries where they need to go.
> >
> > That's WAY too messy for me!  I'll go with /usr/src/, unless anyone
> > objects.
> >
> I dont object, but /usr/local/src is more for that sort of thing, i
> have made /usr/local/src/temp for that sort of thing.
> tar achives used in the wrong manner can bugger up ones system before
> one knows it.

Yeah, that's what I meant to say.

I untarred it to /usr/local/src/tf-1.2.3 (I forget the version...) and
looked inside.  I had to run sh unixmake to compile.  Then it installed
/usr/local/bin and some other places.  I deleted the directory and kept
the source as the original .tar.gz file (in the /usr/local/src)
directory.  Now if I need to change anything, I just look there...

By the way it works well.  Does anyone want it?  It doesn't need X.

Andy Goth     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     zap.to/andygoth/     UIN: 3525641