On Tue, 07 Sep 1999, you wrote:
> Too help narrow down the program that i want, i know its not ifconfig. It had
> more of a graphical interface. it let me choose my card, put in the IP and
> such, and then it made everything work. I want to use my DSL in linux!

I dont know much about caldera, so all i can do is guess, but i can
suggest the moprmal way one would do such a task in console mode,
then the commands should be the same weather it be caldera  slakware
redhat or whatever.

findout what your card is, thats a thing you should know, ie look on
the box, phone the shop where it came from.
Read then /usr/src/linux/Documentation.networking/* maybe you card is
memtioned there.
/usr/doc/somewhere/Ethernet-HOWTO
The chances are you have installed the distribution kernel from your
installation, so ypu shopuld have all you need as modules already
installed.
Read /usr/doc/somewhere/mini/Modules

Then ifconfig to configure the card if nessacary.

That might not be much jhelp at first sight, but do what i say and
you should get a lot further than you are now.

The program netconfig might be called netconf at least it is here but
ihave redhat.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]