>>You can't use fdisk to get rid of Linux partitions, though.  That will
>>have to be with one of the commercial utilities if you want to do it from
>>Windows. I think, though, that I got rid of a linux partition in the past
>>by using a linux boot disk and using the linux fdisk utility to do it.
>>

>using the install from the cd could do this as well.

Sometimes you can get rid of ext2 partitions with either the dos fdisk
or w2k, but
it's not easy and depends upon whether you had a single /root
partition,or multiple linux partitions, and whether you have any other
partitions of the fat32/nt type after those linux partitons. I don't
recommend it unless you know what you are doing. Basically , these
partiton utilities do not asign drive letters to linux partitions and
therefore although they are there and the utilities knows they are
there, they do not allow you to delete then straight. You have to remove
all those partitions that come after the linux partition, then and only
then, windblows
partitons tools will recover the lost space, you then remake the whole
of the remaining drive as one partition assign it a drive letter and
format it, you can then remove it all and remake to your final desired
configuration. I've done this many times before I bought PM. I do not
recommend you do it.

You want Partition Magic. It's the best , and can do this without
destroying data on  other partitons .

If you don't have PM, your are really left with the partition tools on
your mandrake
install disc.You will have to run CD1 again, trundle through the
unwanted preliminaries until you get to the partition tools , it can
delete anything, I think you can remake the partitions if you still want
them and format in vfat(fats32) ,is that true, I'm not sure, possibly
not, I have never done that, so probably not.Perhaps someone could
comment. Anyway once the ext2 partitions are gone, and if you were not
able to format in vfat , you can use the windblows utilities to format
them and assign new drive letters. If you are able to format in mandrake
windows will detect the new vfat partitions on bootup and assign drive
letters automatically.

John