On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 08:08:27 -0700
AOL Systems <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just want to askI have a LG CD-RW I want to used it in my Linux machine
> wat software will i need to burn my cd's and does it need a driver
> before I can used it?What else will I consider to run my CDRW on my
> Linux machine
> Thanks! any help will gladly appreciated.

I also have a LG CDR/RW on my Linux box. Mandrake picked it up with no problems. I
didn't have to do anything to get it picked up. It also loaded X-CD-Roast. However It
loaded it twice along with the supporting software. really wierd, I have two different
version. I guess I will have to go to menudrake and see which version is being used
and delete the other.

But to answer your question, Mandrake handles LG CDR/RW automatically. You have your
choice on burning software.
Try them all and stick with the one you like.