AOL Systems wrote:

>Just want to askI have a LG CD-RW I want to used it in my Linux machine
>wat software will i need to burn my cd's and does it need a driver
>before I can used it?What else will I consider to run my CDRW on my
>Linux machine
>Thanks! any help will gladly appreciated.
>

>Respectfully
>AOL (newbie)

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Actually all you need to do is install it in your system, drop in the
install CD1 in your default boot CD drive, and click Expert, Upgrade

Cancel along the way except for X, and the bootloader.  At bootloader
time, all the new boots should have

hdd=ide-scsi

in the append line

That is, it will be hdd if you install the CDRW as secondary channel
slave.  It could be hda, hdb (primary Master/slave) of hdc secondary
master, depending on how you set it up.  Do NOT use cable select.

Civileme