On Friday 12 Jul 2002 7:50 am, L.V.Gandhi wrote:
> Thanks for the rersponse. When I did this kde3 kdm starts. butit doesn't
> have the kde option. Hence kde2 is started. Because of this I reverted to
> old condition and added in loginconfig/sessions kde3. Then I did the above
> to get kde3 kdm. However i could change clock etc, but not background. Why?

Yes That is my experience too.  I can change anything about KDM except the
background.  My assumption is that it either has a bug, or is looking in the
wrong place for the backgrounds.   Since it is quite a pretty Blue background
I decided to just not worry about it :-)

There is another issue with KDE3 KDM which has caused me problems, which is
that root user appears in the user list even if I configure kdm to only show
users in a range of UIDs.  I had to explicitly name root as being excluded
from the list to get rid of it. (I have not checked to see if Kde3.0.2 has
fixed this bug)

derek