I am fairly new to linux, I have only been using it for 2 months now and
that is not even an everyday thing. It's more like a weekend thing.  Anyway
I find this article a bunch of crap.  There are tons of web browers that
work great with linux, even Konq does a good job

#2 is not an issue.  I have had the power go out at least 5 times and have
never had this problem on boot up, and I also have a SPARC20 with Solaris on
it -- have had this issue in Solaris but not linux

#3.  Printing can't argue here as I don't have a printer hooked up to my
linux box, I might have to do this though to see what the fuss is.

#4.  I think the KDE and Gnome menus are very self explanatory, granted they
could be laid out a little better but for me the are self explanatory --
catagories like Internet, Office, Toys, Graphics, Games, etc..  self
explantory if you ask me.

#5. NOw I don't have this problem on my machine (2 x 1GH P3, 784 MB Ram,
GeForce 2 64MB video card running Nvidia drivers for Linux)

#6. I have never had a problem with this, I thought the man page for "ps"
was helpful

#7. I have no need for this -- not an issue here

#8. Sound ah a good issue to discuss, as I haven't bothered to configure my
sound card, I assume it is already configured during the install (I could be
wrong) but I don't have any speakers to hook up to it to test it out.  Damn
oh well I guess I am not concerned with this at this point (maybe when I get
a real job and make some money I can buy speakers.)

#9.  Type it right the first time -- end of story

#10.  I have a 21 inch standard monitor -- I run at 1280 x 1024  nuff
said....  anything under this is useless.

Just my $.02 worth of input

thanks
Mike