The scenario, my Partner's standalone PC at work regularly crashing in Win 95,
the solution I suggested was that I would install Mandrake, solution accepted
and project complete.
Day 1 - complete freeze while left unattended, no response to any key or
mouse, clock showing the wrong time (the time it froze).
Day 2 Having had nagging doubts about their power supply She is set up with my
UPS.
Day 3 & 4 No problems - Power supply then
Day 5 Freeze
Day 6 (today) PC to my workshop (well the spareroom really), run memtest for 9
cycles and only get one error during run 1 this is :-
FAILURE: 0x00000000 != 0xffffffff at offset 0x005c5328
All other 8 cycles produced no errors.
The question is does this indicate failed/failing memory ?
I have never used memtest before so am unsure what I should expect (also
unsure whether 9 cycles was enough or should I have left it running until it
got bored and quit)