Randy Kramer wrote:

>shane wrote:
>

>>On Saturday 13 July 2002 08:08 am, robin did speak unto the huddled masses,
>>saying:
>>

>>>Ideally we would have an OS that would be
>>>comprehensible to a person of average intelligence with no RTFM, but
>>>would not hinder the advanced user by dumbing things down. This is an
>>>unattainable ideal, but an approachable one; as we progress towards it,
>>>we are bound to lurch from one side or another.
>>>

>>why does this sound like the speed of light problem?  will linux, as it
>>approaches this unattainable mark, slowly increase in size until it is
>>infinitely large?  sounds like windows...... ;)
>>

>Interesting thought!  (Sounds like something I'd mention, but you saw it
>first.)
>
>Anyway, then we need "code janitors" or refactorers to start reducing
>the size.

Well, as I saw somewhere:

Rule 1: Any program can be reduced by at least one line.
Rule 2: Any program will contain at least one bug
Corrolary: All programs can be reduced to one line, which will contain a
bug.

Sir Robin

--
"We're clouds over the sea, or flecks of matter
in the ocean when the ocean seems lit from within.

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Üniversitesi
Ankara 06533