Thanks to all for the help Re: Network Security.

I was feeling confident that I have got things buttoned up fairly securely
and so moved onto setting up postfix to forward mail to my IPS's smtp
server for delivery.

Things are working fine in respect to sending my mail but now I seem to
have port 25 open.

As I use fetchmail to retrieve my mail from my ISP I can't really see any
need for postfix to be listening on this port. So does anyone know how I
can go about disabling it. Or maybe its not a big worry and I should just
leave it as is.

Thanks
Ross