Tom Brinkman wrote:
>     17 is one term, 99 years is another?  I'm not a patent attorney,
> what do I know ;>

IANAL!  Unless something has changed, patents have a fairly short term
(17 years sounds right) and can be renewed once.  Copyrights are the
thing that have the very long life, like life of the author plus 70(?)
years, and for coporations, 99(?) years.

Randy Kramer

I now know that IANAL is intended to mean "I Am Not A Lawyer", but
before I understood that, I thought it meant "I Am Not A Liar".  I
wondered, for a very brief time, why all these people involved in legal
discussions felt the need to proclaim they were not liars. ;-)