On Monday July 22 2002 12:54 pm, John Richard Smith wrote:
> Disk type:    Short strategy type (Phthalocyanine or similar)
> Manuf. index: 3
> Manufacturer: CMC Magnetics Corporation

> cdrecord: fifo had 11671 puts and 11608 gets.
> cdrecord: fifo was 0 times empty and 11400 times full, min fill was
> 85%.
>
> All written to disc. there are some wornings,
>  minimum fill 85% getting near the limit.
> what is :  Sense Key: 0x5 Illegal Request, Segment 0, anything to
> worry about ?

   I've stayed out of this 'cause I don't have any 800mb media, never
tried/seen any. On another count, I prefer to use mkisofs to make the
img, then write to cdr, so I've never encountered your missing '-'
situation.  I'm curious tho....  85% is awful low. I've never
experienced less than 95%, usually 98 to 100%. Have you tried burning
to that media at 4x? I've also got some generic CMC Magnetics 700mb
cdr's, $12 for a 50 spindle. I don't get good results with 'em over 4x
tho.   Also, did you mean 80 minute cdr's, or 800MB?  I've burned over
800 mb's of wav's to a 700mb, 80 minute CD-r.  My record is 79m57s ;)