El mar, 30-07-2002 a las 14:55, John Richard Smith escribió:

> Thanks for that reply
> I am still not familiar with the term --
>
> combo UPS/line conditioner

It's not a technical term; I referred to the fact that the UPS I have is
designed to also serve as a line conditioner. It's a model Tripp Lite
makes specifically for poor power environments where otherwise one would
need both a line conditioner and a UPS.

> Here in the uk we have stable good quality electricity supplies.Our
> national grid never blips at all. But no national grid can cope with
> massive thunder storms.

In that case you might well not need to do anything more than switch to
XFS and make sure the wiring in your building is in good order. Here we
get at least one momentary (<1 sec) power failure a day, and our nominal
120 VAC never reaches even 100 volts. So what would be minimally
acceptable protection here would be massive overkill for you.

Glad to hear that your house wasn't one of the ones hit.

Warren