On Friday 02 Aug 2002 5:06 pm, Randy Kramer wrote:
> Derek Jennings wrote:
> > The same way to copy/paste anything else in Linux
> >
> > Highlight with mouse left button to copy.
> >
> > Press Mouse wheel (or centre button) to paste
> > (If you have a 2 button mouse, press both buttons at once)
> >
> > (I like to give this tip at least once a week since it is such a
> > revelation to newbies ;-)
>
> Wonderful -- maybe you can answer this question which has been
> percolating around in my brain for a while:
>
> What is the best way to copy and replace something with that Linux
> approach?
>
> In Windows, I would:
>    * go somewhere and copy (with <ctrl> c) something I want to paste
>    * come back to the original location, highlight the text I want to
> replace, and press <ctrl> v to delete that text and paste in the text I
> copied moments ago.
>
> What's the best equivalent in Linux?

Good question.  I do not know...

I guess you have to highlight the text to be deleted. Hit Del key
Highlight text to be inserted - Click mouse wheel.

BTW :  here is another newbie tip.
That little picture of a clipboard in the bottom right of your KDE screen
(called klipper) saves the last 7 items you have stored in the clipboard. You
can reload the clipboard with text simply by clicking on the klipper icon and
selecting the desired text.  It can be jolly useful if you remember it is
there.

derek