civileme wrote:
> If your primary concern is internet sharing, Mandrake has a wonderful
> product called SNF.  You install it and let it run, and configure it
> from one of your other machines with a web browser.  It can lock off
> domains or IPs and map popups into single transparent pixels, as well as
> restricting access in and out.

civileme,

1. Thanks for all your good help over the last year or so!  Hope things
go well for you and you do find time to continue participating on the
newbie and expert lists!

2. Just took a look at SNF
(http://www.mandrakesoft.com/products/snf/features), and noticed that it
does not mention DNS.  I would have thought that it would be nice to run
a caching DNS server on that (on the premise that such would speed up
DNS requests out to the Internet, and that it would alleviate the need
for me to create a DNS server to serve my LAN).  Is DNS included but not
mentioned, or if it is not included, is there some technical or security
related reason?

regards,
Randy Kramer