in KDE >Kmenu > networking > remote access, should have KPPP, click that, and
lookaround. if this is something you want to set up via command line, let me
know, I will send you a good link. your exterenal modem should work, as long
as it is serial connected (some external USB modem are win-modems) your win
tv card is most often autodetected and setup. what happens if (in a text
console) you type XawTV?