On Tue, 13 Aug 2002 23:27:08 -0600
Rob Burris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just installed samba on Mandrake 8.2 and I was wondering if there was
> a GUI interface or network configuration on KDM that would allow you to
> view your local network?
>
> - Thanks, Rob B.

if what you are looking for is a GUI way to configure Samba,
you should try webmin. it's got configuration interfaces
for nearly every possible service and administration task.

first, as root, type this command:

service webmin start

then open up your regular web browser and connect to webmin's
interface by going to https://localhost:10000/
it will ask for a login. you wanna log in as root.

if you do not have webmin installed, do a:

urpmi webmin

HTH

Damian

Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?