> On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Tibbetts, Ric wrote:
>

> > > I just installed samba on Mandrake 8.2 and I was wondering if
> > > there was
> > > a GUI interface or network configuration on KDM that would
> > > allow you to
> > > view your local network?
> > >

> > I think there is some confusion about what you're asking.
> > Are you trying to view a particular smb mount, or are you
> looking for
> > something similar to "Network Neighborhood" where you can
> see all the
> > machines in your domain?

> > Ric Tibbetts
>
> nah...Ric, what they're looking for is the config interface
> that can be
> found and accessed through webmin. Its on the servers tab in webmin.

Yeah, that's what I thought at first too, but then reading it, it seemed
like he was looking for a way to browse the network, ala network
neighborhood.

Webmin huh? I've never used it.
Does it do anything with samba that swat doesn't?

Ric Tibbetts
Unix Systems Administration

The early bird may get the worm,
But the second mouse gets the cheese.