Hello,

I took the plunge and installed Mandrake 8.2 last week, and I've been
having a grand old time learning how everything works, installing RPMs,
installing drivers, getting games working, enjoying XMMS etc, and I had
X working pretty well, considering I am a complete Linux n00b. That is,
until I booted up my machine this morning - I have no tool bar in KDE.
It's just disapeared - during KDE's start up, it flickers at the bottom
of the screen, and then it just isn't there. I've tried reinstalling KDE
using the mandrake install disc, but it made no difference, so I'm
guessing it's a config thing...

It's really annoying, cos I was just getting used to using multiple desk
tops! :)

So, what I'm asking is, what config/setup files do I need to edit to get
my tool bar back? Also, how do you show the '.KDE' directory in
/home/myprofile* using the Konquerer file browser and command line?
There are lots of hidden directories there that I discovered when I was
playing with gFTP but can't see in Konq.

I'm using the version of KDE that is shipped with MD 8.2 (I think it
might be v2.2, but I'm not sure, sorry :/ ), and I've got the latest
nVidia drivers if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance,

gaff