-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Peter Watson
Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2002 7:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Swap file sizing

Hi folks

I'm about to install LM on a new machine with 512Kb RAM. On my old machine I
only had 64Kb and used a swap file of 128Kb.

I've read in lots of places that I should have a swap file of twice my RAM
up to a limit of 512Kb. However, it never says whether this limit applies to
the RAM or the swap file.

With 512Kb RAM should I have a swap file of 512Kb or 1024Kb?

TIA

petew