-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of magnet
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2002 12:02 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] cannot connect with modem.

On Saturday 24 Aug 2002 4:14 pm, you wrote:
> Hello again!
>
> Remember, I had problem with dialling with a normal external modem.
> Finally I installed the kppp from other 2 CD's (after 3 tryies)
> Put now it connects (after some modifications i.e. DON'T wait tone, set to
> device to S1 ecc) but it doesn't run pppd.
> I get the following when I run kppp from terminal:
> Can somebody help?
> It is possible I changed something with ppp* files trying to make it work.
> What I have to check?
>
> PS> this TV and web camera programs works!!!. But I can't make TV
"zapping"
> program to search for other TV channels exept one.
> Also it has my Teles PCI ISDN card (general) on the configuration list but
> it can't make it work.
>

> Makis
>
> ===============>
> [root@localhost root]# kppp
> Opener: received SetSecret
> Opener: received OpenLock
>
> Opener: received OpenDevice
> Opener: received ExecPPPDaemon
> In parent: pppd pid 9125
>
> Couldn't find interface ppp0: No such device
> ------- many lines like that ---------------
> Couldn't find interface ppp0: No such device
> Couldn't find interface ppp0: No such device
> Opener: received KillPPPDaemon
> In killpppd(): Sending SIGTERM to 9125
> It was pppd that died
> pppd exited with return value 9
> Sending 9120 a SIGUSR1
> Opener: received RemoveSecret
> Opener: received RemoveSecret
> Opener: received OpenResolv
> Opener: received OpenResolv
> Opener: received RemoveLock
> [root@localhost root]#
> <===================

Hi
I had this prob the other day and i went into kppp settings window and
changed pap authentication to use pap/chap. It started to work fine again.
I have no idea why this was needed as the modem had been connecting fine for
the last few months. Worth a try tho. Hope it helps

regards
magnet

--
Registered Linux user 281659
Registered machines 163839,163840,163841,163842,163843,163844

My home is over-run with penguins that like a warm environment!