Bottom post

In a message dated 8/27/2002 8:19:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I've lost the tenor of this thread, sorry.

What version are you trying to install again? I'm not certain it will make a
difference but there were some strange goings on with some of the mirrors the
past few days. I'm running the beta of Mandrake 9.0 and Most of Saturday and
Sunday I was having a hell of a time just updating from 3 different mirrors.
I finally found one that worked though.

To answer the question about a "download manager" my advice would be _don't!_
They're usually more trouble than they're worth. I can't remember the name of
what I used for ftp when I still ran "that other OS." I know it was a
multi-threading client and I think it was something like "leach?" At any rate
I'd suggest you try downloading again using your ftp client. Then slow that
damned burner down! I know I'm not the only one that suggested that so far
but 2 or 4 is a better burn rate for data disk integrity. I had trouble at
anything faster than that on a friends WinXP box. I finally gave him a set of
disks since he wouldn't slow it down and couldn't get a usable set.

If you can't get an installable copy e-mail me off list and I'll *send you*
the damned disks in the mail!

Hey, Do you by any chance have Mandrake 9.0 beta 4 on CD by any chance? The os and extras cd is like 717000KB file, and the recordable cd's i got is only 700MB/80 minute CD's... I dont think it will fit on my CD. I was wondering if the mail thing might work for this depending on if or not it would fit on my CD :)

Ps. Thanks for your support, --PoisonDart316--