Since im new to linux, and downloading third CD from an FTP program (hopefully the md5sums will be the same :)) I downloaded a whole bunch of programs i use for windows, that have a linux file for it too.. I went to the site of my favorite windows programs, and downloaded the linux rmp files... some are tar.gz also. I was wondering.... from the console, how do i install some of the packages from the CD... I know how to tar, amd make, and stuff like that however how do i specify my CD rom: im sure in linux there is an D: drive lol :)