I think what your problem could be is your download program. From my
experiences browser download programs are not the most reliable, as they
seem to download as it comes, whereas download managers seem to carefully
calculate the filesize, divide it up and download in parts.

As much as I am against it, I suggest using either Gozilla or Download
Accelerator to do the dirty work for you. YOu can always uninstall either
when you have finished obtaining your isos. Yes it is a bugger downloading
them each time, I know, but I think one more time should solve the problem,
else maybe someone in your region may send you a couple of CD's via the
post.

On the other hand, I haven't downloaded any of the beta's ass my computer
is running just fine at the moment under 8.2, so I'm just taking for
granted that the iso's on the ftp servers are good. As I suggested,
download for instance Download Accelerator, try download the official iso's
from the official mandrake site, and it'll look for exact coppies on other
servers too. This should hopefully elliminate the risk of some server
having a faulty iso, or your browser just messing the whole thing up.

I hope this helps
Ralph

PS: Then check the md5sums .. 'till now I haven't had any problem with this
system, except I was using ProzGUI (Linux) to do it for me... and it's
pretty much like Download Accelerator, except for the spyware and
adware :-)

--
Homepage: http://tuxpower.f2g.net/