On Monday 02 September 2002 09:41 am, you wrote:
> Ok, to try this for a 3rd time ... hopefully the list will post it this
> time .. lol
>
> I have a USB 250 MB zip drive and a SanDisk Imagemate Compact Flash
> reader.  Both work just fine when I plug them into the USB port on my
> laptop.  Since I use both of them fairly often, I bought a USB hub to
> connect both at the same time.   When I connect them, only the zip drive
> will work, and the reader will not, no matter what I try.  The zip drive
> is set as supermount, and the reader I mount manually, so when I try to
> mount the reader using:
>
> mount /dev/sda1
>
> It returns that the device does not exist.  I can use USBView and see
> that both devices are there, but cannot access it, only the zip drive.
>  The entries in my /etc/fstab file are as follows:
>
> none /mnt/zip supermount
> dev=/dev/sda4,fs=auto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,codepage=850 0 0
>
> /dev/sda1 /mnt/media vfat rw,nosuid,noauto,user,nodev 0 0
>
> Any suggestions on what's wrong?  I am running LM 9.0 beta 4 if it makes
> any difference.
>
> Thanks in advance!

I'll hazard a guess that the flashcard reader is not sda1.  Try mounting as
another partition--try sdb1.  In mdk8.0 my usb sandisk was sdb1, and if I
recall correctly, I got the same error when I tried to mount it as sda1.
And, my setup with 8.2 is very similar to yours, and my sandisk in 8.2 is
also (recognized on installation and supermounted) sdb1.

e.